Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Dining at the Andaman Thai


By George Foust

The Coho Oceanfront Lodge (http://www.thecoholodge.com)

      Folks who enjoy genuine Thai food are in for a real treat at the Andaman Thai restaurant in Lincoln City, Oregon.  The couple who own it are personable and friendly and the wife is from Thailand so the food is absolutely authentic.

      If you choose to indulge at the Andaman, please be patient.  Food is not pre-prepared.  There is about a 30 minute wait between the time you order and the food’s arrival at your table.  It is worth every second.

      My Lady and I very rarely go out to eat because we love getting into the kitchen together and dinking around.  She grows her own herbs and we delight in experimentation so going out to eat is not the same for us as it is for other people.  Because we go out so rarely, we tend to be in a rut when it comes to ordering.  My Lady usually orders either the Pad Kee Mao with Shrimp or the Garlic Prawns.  I am very much in a rut; I enjoy the Panang Seafood and Salmon Curry so much that I don’t even bother with looking at the menu anymore.

      For those with trepidations, when your waitress asks you if you want mild or medium, go for the medium; the mild is truly mild.  I am a firm believer that “there is no such thing as spicy food – only weak people” so I always ask for “Wild & Crazy” and sometimes even get extra peppers and sauce on the side depending on my mood.

      Like most restaurants in Lincoln City, you will find the portions to be more than adequate but for folks with a real trencherman’s appetite, order the “Oh My God” appetizer to relish while waiting for your entrée.

No comments:

Post a Comment